Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahmed Ali - returning?!

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Ahmed Ali - returning?!

Craig Gibbons has published a good article on a potential return for Ahmed Ali. I genuinely hope this is correct - not just for football reasons but also to show that a mistake made at a young age isn't going to tarnish his life for years to come. I think he has a young family and seems to be turning things around - the best we can do is be the support we were before and hope that he can rise to the challenge. The posts on Facebook look very positive in this respect. Smudger seems to have been in touch with him and the board are backing the decision so all good. Good luck Ahmed if you choose to come back. We are with you all the way.
    On your feet or on your knees...

Quote Originally Posted by marc s View Post
    Craig Gibbons has published a good article on a potential return for Ahmed Ali. I genuinely hope this is correct - not just for football reasons but also to show that a mistake made at a young age isn't going to tarnish his life for years to come. I think he has a young family and seems to be turning things around - the best we can do is be the support we were before and hope that he can rise to the challenge. The posts on Facebook look very positive in this respect. Smudger seems to have been in touch with him and the board are backing the decision so all good. Good luck Ahmed if you choose to come back. We are with you all the way.
    Well said sir

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by marc s View Post
    Not for me I wouldn't have him back end of .

BrianDamaged Guest

“All being well he will be back in training on January 27.”~ Paul Smith

Massive addition to the squad for the second half of the season, and with us being unable to utilise Drew Canavan or Liam Holt in the FA Vase, Ahmed coming back would be a win/win. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Not for me I wouldn't have him back end of .
    Appreciate your opinion.. but cannot agree ... everyone deserves an opportunity to improve and a 2nd chance.

He has paid his debt and from me... a huge welcome home Ahmed

covrover is offline user with most time on their hands

I'm not too sure
    Last edited by Stoke Prior Andy; 16th January 2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Racist

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
    Appreciate your opinion.. but cannot agree ... everyone deserves an opportunity to improve and a 2nd chance.

He has paid his debt and from me... a huge welcome home Ahmed
    Not for me too I'm with Taffy on this one not the sort of person we want around the club poor role model ...personally I think our justice system is getting worse too many second chances handed out for people like this who lets face it got 12 months and only doing 6 that is why so many reoffend all too easy .

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Time for a on-line vote ??
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Statto is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Not for me too I'm with Taffy on this one not the sort of person we want around the club poor role model
    What's it like to have never made a mistake or done anything wrong in your entire life? I certainly wouldn't know. Thank heavens we have such paragons of perfection as yourself to show us the way...

...personally I think our justice system is getting worse too many second chances handed out for people like this who lets face it got 12 months and only doing 6 that is why so many reoffend all too easy .
    Would you prefer to lock everyone up for life after their first offence? Or should we save all that bother and expense and just shoot them? No second chances, no mercy, and definitely no reoffending?

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Nice one Statto. I was shocked that people still held such views.
    On your feet or on your knees...