Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahmed Ali - returning?!

My personal opinion is I will support whatever decision the club makes and I will always support the players in our strip no matter what.

One thing i am a little confused about though, this wasnít a mistake! The mistake was they got caught, this is a premeditated and planned crime with real victims. A mistake is perhaps going 32 mph in a 30 or going over a traffic light on Amber this certainly was not a mistake!

Do we know this is his first EVER offence? I certainly donít know the player(s) that well and wouldnít have a clue about any previous offences they may or may not have been involved in.

covrover is offline user with most time on their hands

Racist ? It was tongue in cheek !

Stoke Prior Andy is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by covrover View Post
    Racist ? It was tongue in cheek !
    One man's tongue in cheek..............

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    What's it like to have never made a mistake or done anything wrong in your entire life? I certainly wouldn't know. Thank heavens we have such paragons of perfection as yourself to show us the way...

Would you prefer to lock everyone up for life after their first offence? Or should we save all that bother and expense and just shoot them? No second chances, no mercy, and definitely no reoffending?
    You make it sound like he's took a Sainsbury's 5p carrier bag without paying for it ! All I'm saying too many second chances ,if you or your family was effected by the crime you'd feel different I'm sure of that I speak from experience .you have your view and I'll stick with mine so let's leave it there just remember people have to deal with the effects of criminals actions and some of the victims are never the same again .

Quote Originally Posted by RuberyRed View Post
    My personal opinion is I will support whatever decision the club makes and I will always support the players in our strip no matter what.

One thing i am a little confused about though, this wasn’t a mistake! The mistake was they got caught, this is a premeditated and planned crime with real victims. A mistake is perhaps going 32 mph in a 30 or going over a traffic light on Amber this certainly was not a mistake!

Do we know this is his first EVER offence? I certainly don’t know the player(s) that well and wouldn’t have a clue about any previous offences they may or may not have been involved in.
    Well put I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    You make it sound like he's took a Sainsbury's 5p carrier bag without paying for it ! All I'm saying too many second chances ,if you or your family was effected by the crime you'd feel different I'm sure of that I speak from experience .you have your view and I'll stick with mine so let's leave it there just remember people have to deal with the effects of criminals actions and some of the victims are never the same again .
    i'd imagine the club has made a call based on the details of the case, previous attitude/behaviour, degree of remorse and lets not kid ourselves; the ability of the player in question

for me getting caught for a one off fraud is small potatoes, its not as if he's been drink driving and killing people like other players in our league

if he had been found guilty of defrauding vulnerable or elderly people i'd maybe have a different take on it

as it is he's only shown himself to be a little bit of scumbag and i've got absolutely no issue with him playing and using football to help his transition back into society

One off fraud? Didnít they hit the same store twice in 17 days?

As i have said previously I support the club not the players as these players will come and go but hopefully the club will be around for a while.

Also as a side note letís not forget these crimes weíre committed 2yrs before Ali even joined us.