Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on any new signings

Old Crock is offline user with most time on their hands

I believe the deadline is 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March, i.e the 22nd. So not much time left!

Quote Originally Posted by STH BHAM GREENS View Post
    I am far from an expert, below I have copied and pasted a line from the Worcester news on the rumour we have tried to approach the Worc City captain - denied by both managers. Does the quote mean the actual deadline is next week and not 31st?? Not sure?

However, neither party anticipates making or enabling an attempt to come to an agreement with the player registration deadline passing at 5pm a week today.
    Isn't their captain Brad Birch? He turned down Sporting only a few months ago towards the end of last year, really doubt we would be going in for him again after that so soon.

I don't know what games you have been watching this season, if any, and you should certainly not judge players when you don't know the reasons why they sometimes under perform, clearly never played the game. Sorry this post is in response to 15 peter20's rant.
    Last edited by VERMEER; 16th March 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Who did you play for Vermin?

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Two signings reported - R'mar Murray and Liam Armstrong - ex Redditch and Shawbury respectively
    Last edited by marc s; 17th March 2018 at 09:56 AM.
    On your feet or on your knees...

RuberyRed is offline user with most time on their hands

2 new signings just been announced on clubs twitter page, R’mar Murray a winger from Redditch Utd and also Liam Armstrong a midfielder from Shawbury Utd.

First time post.

Been watching Sporting for a few years and also catch the odd Worcester game as well.

Regarding new signings. I'm sure the board are doing all they can to bring new players in before deadline day and they know more than me reference new additions.

The point i want to make is Worcester have lost many first team players recently and are in a fair worse financial position than us, but they have replaced strongly in every area they have lost players. We do not seem to be doing the same.

Playing devils advocate wouldn't it be ironic if Worcester pipped us to promotion due to the players they have brought into they squad.

Just a thought?????

Let's just imagine a scenario that may or may not be fiction.

Let's say that a manager put in 7 day approaches for a vast number of players of exceptional quality throughout the season to a number of clubs both higher and lower in league standing to his club.

Now, if any of these players declined to leave their current team, the FA rules dictate that the player cannot be approached by the same club again in the same season.

What if the manager put in approaches up to the time when he decided to leave the football club.

Not only can the club not approach another player in the same team, but they have to wait 28 days from the earlier notice approach to put a new approach to any other player within that team.