Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on any new signings

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Update on any new signings

Not sure if its just me but I am starting to get a bit twitchy regarding any new signing or the lack off.......

We all know the position, we have lost 7 quality players for various reasons from our invincible/top of the table squad and so far only had 1 replacement. We now have one of our star strikers out for 3 very important games, and still no news on any deals to bring in quality replacements.....dreading it if we get a couple of injuries etc....

The current players quality and efforts have my/our upmost respect and total support, but IMO we need quality signings to replace the quality we have lost, to come in and compliment the current teams efforts. Its going to be a very very long and tough run in on some heavy pitches, including a cup final and games against our nearest rivals and to just have the bear minimum we have would be a massive risk indeed to what should be achievable this season i.e promotion

Its been 14 days with the new set up and only 1 new face in, not a criticism, a fact, I am sure plenty of effort is going in to getting the right players, but I cant understand the delay? It cant be money we have plenty and have just saved on 7 players wages/fees/expenses (whatever they are classed as). We now have 2 games a week from now on including Coleshill next Tuesday not to mention a tough game Saturday (I was impressed with Heanor away). Transfer deadline day is 31st March (17 days away) and I am guessing we would have to put 7 days in before we can speak to the Quailty players we need.....THATS NOT LEAVING MUCH TIME!!!!

So whats the hold up?? I understand from snippets of info we have had a couple/4 or 5, 7 days in for players, any news....personally I would use the 7 players (who have left) money to make 3 or 4 major quality signings now to increase the likelihood of us going up......just under 6 weeks to go...

Maybe me getting overly anxious (it has been known LOL) , but getting quality in to replace quality out surely makes football common sense, for me I would get the business done now why delay any more..

Anyone from the club that can answer/update would be great, it would be great to know our plans/ambitions on signings in terms of numbers etc.....even positions etc, share info with the fans ta

Any update would be very gratefully received

100% agree

I am feeling it too SBG! Colehill twice + Kalsa, Worcester and Heanor. 12 games in 42 days and a first team squad, minus Richard for 3 games, of 14. I thought he seemed uptight during the last 2 games. I really hope he is not thinking of going. He and Cows make a formidable pairing who would cause havoc in the higher leagues if we were to achieve promotion. The opportunity of 2 teams going up this year is too good an opportunity to miss out on.

Paul Smith had his black book and his formidable contacts. It would be unlikely, given his relatively short managerial career, that Brendan Kelly would have the same 'reach'. At this time of the season it may be difficult to convince players, especially those who understand loyalty, to join a side who must be seen by others as tainted by the boardroom wrangles.

It would be a travesty if we stumble at this stage of the season due to the governance issues. The new management team and the remaining players are truly top men. I hope the board, with all their connections across the non league world, will make good and provide support and funds to get us over the line. I know it won't be for the want of trying by the squad. But if we falter I think the chair and his foot soldiers will have to pack their toys and go and play elsewhere.

Come on you Kelly boys. The fans are behind you. In sporting we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by sth bham greens View Post
    not sure if its just me but i am starting to get a bit twitchy regarding any new signing or the lack off.......

We all know the position, we have lost 7 quality players for various reasons from our invincible/top of the table squad and so far only had 1 replacement. We now have one of our star strikers out for 3 very important games, and still no news on any deals to bring in quality replacements.....dreading it if we get a couple of injuries etc....

The current players quality and efforts have my/our upmost respect and total support, but imo we need quality signings to replace the quality we have lost, to come in and compliment the current teams efforts. Its going to be a very very long and tough run in on some heavy pitches, including a cup final and games against our nearest rivals and to just have the bear minimum we have would be a massive risk indeed to what should be achievable this season i.e promotion

its been 14 days with the new set up and only 1 new face in, not a criticism, a fact, i am sure plenty of effort is going in to getting the right players, but i cant understand the delay? It cant be money we have plenty and have just saved on 7 players wages/fees/expenses (whatever they are classed as). We now have 2 games a week from now on including coleshill next tuesday not to mention a tough game saturday (i was impressed with heanor away). Transfer deadline day is 31st march (17 days away) and i am guessing we would have to put 7 days in before we can speak to the quailty players we need.....thats not leaving much time!!!!

So whats the hold up?? I understand from snippets of info we have had a couple/4 or 5, 7 days in for players, any news....personally i would use the 7 players (who have left) money to make 3 or 4 major quality signings now to increase the likelihood of us going up......just under 6 weeks to go...

Maybe me getting overly anxious (it has been known lol) , but getting quality in to replace quality out surely makes football common sense, for me i would get the business done now why delay any more..

Anyone from the club that can answer/update would be great, it would be great to know our plans/ambitions on signings in terms of numbers etc.....even positions etc, share info with the fans ta

any update would be very gratefully received
    ADHD sth bham greens?

4everGreen is offline user with most time on their hands

Agree with SBG.....2 or 3 good signings needed to bolster a depleted squad if we are to stand any chance of promotion.

Would be such a shame to blow it now after being in such a commanding position as from next season only one gets promoted and we could be in this division for many years to come.

A couple of weeks ago we had 7 days in for several players.....whats going on Sporting ? Please inform the fans.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Is there a limit on how many "7 day" approaches a club can submit ??
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Honestly, reading this makes me wonder what some of you 'fans' are smoking
    Looking at the players who have left, it's only Robbie Bunn that has made a tangible difference to the side this season

Malley - bench warmer
    Holt – good start but then went missing
    Wills – overrated and threw his dollies out of the pram when he was subbed away at Thatcham - moving to Northfield shows his level of ambition
    Hewitt – not the same player this season
    Ali – only just returned from his loan at Wormwood Scrubs and we managed fine without him

We could do with a couple of signings but only to increase the depth of the squad, these will come in time, calm down people

ADHD is that the initials of our next signing?

15Peter20 - its all about opinion, don't think anyone is smoking anything, just expressing theirs like you are yours ........my opinion on this subject couldn't be more opposite to yours (no probs), you have just written off 5 players there who have been part of the 'squad' that is top of the league and 3 of which played a major part in our invincible season.....we have also lost Conor Deards back to a team higher up the pyramid.....but I wont accuse you of smoking something!! For me basic football common sense/knowledge tells me that if you fail to replace these players, with better or at least the same quality then you run a higher risk of not achieving the required target I,e promotion.....think that's a fair assessment and applicable to any side in our situation

A key part of what has made us 'great/exceptional' over the past 2 seasons is the strength of our overall squad 17/18/19 players......the squad/bench have won us so many games over this period or when we have 3/4/5 first teamers missing we have been able to slot in squad players that many would argue should have been starting anyway, we simply do not have the strength in depth currently and that's a risk....

As I have said the lads that are left have plenty of ability and quality that's not in doubt, but fail to replace what we have lost, then prepare to potentially fail...risk/risk/risk

I do agree with you that at this stage of the season we don't need to replace all 7 (with 7) that's why I said basically pool the money saved from these seven and get 3/4 quality signing for the next 6 weeks....that's all our whole season rests on the next 6 weeks...

As someone else has stated we are in a great position and with two up and the position we are in......this is our chance, surely to goodness

I hope you are right and 'these will come in time' hopefully over the next few days........deadline is 31st March

I am desperate for us to go up and keep our momentum through the leagues going, really hope we sign some quality soon.......whats the betting at least 1 is from Halesowen Town (LOL)

Great post SBG.... I think you echo so many feelings that yes on our day our team currently can stand toe to toe with anyone in the league... but our squad needs help...

New signings are a gamble ... will they fit in... they might need time to settle etc ... but nothing wrong with edging our bets... I would love to see some real quality brought in but likewise I would be equally happy if Sam Wills came back, so underated in my opinion, Keenan Meakin Richards is another that would just fit back in and be risk free ... Both were quality performers for us...

People are getting squeaky bums about the deadline day and support from the board to Brendan and the lads is all we ask for... or at the very least an update from the club to help settle our nerves

I am far from an expert, below I have copied and pasted a line from the Worcester news on the rumour we have tried to approach the Worc City captain - denied by both managers. Does the quote mean the actual deadline is next week and not 31st?? Not sure?

However, neither party anticipates making or enabling an attempt to come to an agreement with the player registration deadline passing at 5pm a week today.