HOME - Rocester
    AWAY - Heanor, Coventry Sphinx, Rocester & Shawbury

2) Highgate
    HOME - Shawbury & Coventry United
    AWAY - Rocester, Haumond, Worcester, Sporting Khalsa & Coventry United

3) Worcester City
    HOME - Highgate & Rocester
    AWAY - Stourport Swifts, Quorn & South Normanton

I haven't included Sporting Khalsa simply because they are too far behind to take Top Spot - though they could still be promoted and their game against Highgate could be very important.

Of course, the most important fixture list is OURS and we've still got to play Loughborough University and Lye Town away and South Normanton at home - win those three and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Verdebianco is offline user with most time on their hands

Oh, and just for the record, ALL three of the teams we've still got to play WON on Saturday - quite remarkable when you consider that South Normanton had only won 7 out of 34 League games all season prior to Saturday! I'm sure Bren didn't miss that particular statistic.

Have to say even though i don't particularly like Highgate as a team if they do go up they deserve to with their run in.

Coleshill seem to be perennial chokers. I can't believe the same team that hammered us are struggling to pick up points now.

Have to say i didn't give us much hope of promotion after that game, but the turnaround has been immense.

Well done to ALL involved.

my extensive calculations reveal that we will have the league title wrapped up away at Lye on the 24th April

winning our next 2 gives us 98 points, Highgate will have to win all of their next 4 games to prevent us sealing the title with a win on the 24th

Coleshill cant win the title if we pick up a single point from one of our remaining 3 games

Pretty tough ask for Highgate - they play Rocester (Away) on the 17th (tomorrow), Haughmond (Away) on Thursday, Worcester City (Away) on the Saturday & Sporting Khalsa (Away) on the following Monday - I don't envy their schedule, it's a real gut-busting run in. Even if they DO win those four games (and they may well do), they've still got to play Coventry United twice & Shawbury and hope that we drop points. If both teams win all of their games it still leaves us on top by 3 points. If we win 2 and lose 1 and Highgate win all of theirs, we will finish level on points (98 each) and then it's down to goal difference. At the moment, we have a GD of +58 and theirs is +33, so again that's in our favour by 25 goals. Of course, a further seven consecutive wins will see theirs increase by at least +7 whilst ours will diminish by however many goals we ship in during the 1 potential loss (come on SBG, you should reaching for your Statistic Analysis Tricorder by now ), nevertheless it's still a large margin for them to make up.

If we win those three games, we can all forget about the other teams results, put away the calculators and celebrate a Title winning season - but not yet, not for the moment. For the moment we drag out all of the clichés about taking each game as it comes, one game at a time, don't count chickens, no room for complacency, focus on the task ahead - and any others anyone can think about.
    Last edited by Verdebianco; 16th April 2018 at 03:24 PM.

marc s is online now user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Verdebianco View Post
    For the moment we drag out all of the clichés about taking each game as it comes, one game at a time, don't count chickens, no room for complacency, focus on the task ahead - and any others anyone can think about.
    That’s what I’m talking about!!!
    On your feet or on your knees...

Scott Ward is offline user with most time on their hands

Stay with the wave until you hit the beach.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

It's not over till the fat..........

The most thought out and intelligent quote of all time 'it's a game of two halves'

Well Worcester City are out of the title race now after two draws - it's just down to Sporting, Highgate and Coleshill, with the odds favouring the first two. The only change to the formula for "Who will win the Title?" is that with Highgate winning last night, the formula got shorter by one game.