Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings plus staying and leaving 2019/20

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Default New signings plus staying and leaving 2019/20

Thought I would start this tread,

Jason and Azza gone we know that ATM, I know/understand we cant officially register players until towards the end of June I think.....

Other clubs openly announcing NEW signings and current players we are re-committing to their clubs, nothing from us as of yet.

Would ideally like us to start signing players like other clubs (again fully appreciate until registered really its just 'news') - anyone got any thoughts, info, rumours post on here

Cheers

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Something Bren mentioned in the newspaper when Jason left but I haven't seen it mentioned here, is that he'd personally ID'd two strikers to try and sign as replacements.

Other than that not heard anything.

Definitely quite a West Mids merry go round going on at around our level at the moment, managers and players alike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    Something Bren mentioned in the newspaper when Jason left but I haven't seen it mentioned here, is that he'd personally ID'd two strikers to try and sign as replacements.

Other than that not heard anything.

Definitely quite a West Mids merry go round going on at around our level at the moment, managers and players alike
    Agree with the Merry go round statement it always goes on and actually never stops. One thing from last season its proves with the signing of Lincoln that we have the ability and pull to attract players from much further a field than West Mids/Worcs. Like to think (if everything is right) we can carry on that search - i.e cast our net far and wide to sign the correct standard of player (if needed)

The lads are only just back from a post-season trip to Mallorca. Plenty of rumours flying around but I wouldn't expect anything of note until pre-season training begins at the end of this month.

I still maintain that we won't need much besides a new striker and right back lol, would rather see this lot test themselves at a higher level than throw our weight around too much in aiming for the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    I still maintain that we won't need much besides a new striker and right back lol, would rather see this lot test themselves at a higher level than throw our weight around too much in aiming for the best of the best.
    I share your opinion in terms that the current squad should be given a chance by the management in preseason training and games and early season etc to cement a place in the squad/first team, however I still maintain IMO that the addition of 5+ quality signing would do us know harm indeed infact under the saying 'if you snooze you loose' its an absolute necessity that we improve the overall quality and depth of the squad if we have ambitions to seriously challenge for promotion again.

From what I have seen, read and heard from Brendon and what I have said I rate about him, is that IMO he gets it, he gets whats really required to be a club who will/wants to be in contention for promotion, again I reference his decision to drop both our long standing centre halves loved by the fans, if ultimately you absolutely strive for the very best, sentiment can get in the way (on occasions).

Other clubs have already announced signings and they wont be back in preseason training yet either, however all I can say is to date Brendons signing have proved excellent and I trust him to deliver again.

The one thing I also believe strongly in is that the higher you go, its so important to improve your squad in terms of strength n depth, a good bench is required game in game out to drive high overall performance, this is another reason why 5 plus signings are required........

Just watch now, we wont sign anyone and go and win the league by 10 points haha

Welsh Green is offline user with most time on their hands

First signing confirmed, Robbie Thompson-Brown joining from Stourbridge.

RuberyRed is offline user with most time on their hands

Very good player I am sure I saw him play few years ago for an England side and I think heís a local lad as well unless thereís 2 with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Green View Post
    First signing confirmed, Robbie Thompson-Brown joining from Stourbridge.
    Handful of Stour fans have replied to their tweet about it so far, most seem disappointed to lose him so a good sign.

Will he be competing for the no9 shirt then? How old is he?

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Thumbs up

The official web site says he can play wide left , wide right and "down the middle" .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.