Third Round Proper winners (32) £135,000
    Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
    Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
    Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
    Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
    Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
    Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
    Final winners (1) £3,600,000

If If If we can get to 1st round proper that approx. 44k in the bank, almost 4 years rent!! Win the first round (dreamland) and we could buy the ground!!!!

Verdebianco is offline user with most time on their hands

Lock horns once more with Leicester Road at the VG on Saturday. Interesting. A team two leagues below us. On Monday we face Stourbridge away.

If you're Bren, do you use this game as an opportunity to rotate the squad - confident in the strength of our squad? Does Jonno start? Will Shorrock? Maybe Cammy Peters?

Money to be made out of the cup, but with an important local derby coming up two days later do you do a bit of juggling on Saturday?

4everGreen is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Verdebianco View Post
    Lock horns once more with Leicester Road at the VG on Saturday. Interesting. A team two leagues below us. On Monday we face Stourbridge away.

If you're Bren, do you use this game as an opportunity to rotate the squad - confident in the strength of our squad? Does Jonno start? Will Shorrock? Maybe Cammy Peters?

Money to be made out of the cup, but with an important local derby coming up two days later do you do a bit of juggling on Saturday?
    Its th FA Cup which offers not only the excitement of potentially playing league sides but the financial reward. We must play our strongest side otherwise we could be regretting we didn't.

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Verdebianco View Post

Have you seen brens interview post Coalville game VB? Before I saw it I thought he/we would of rotated due to Leicester road being 3 leagues below us, Brens answer is quite emphatic - something like - he isn't thinking about rotation of the squad at all, due to the fact this is the FA CUP and massive prize money is involved which is so important to the club, states he will be picking very strongest 11 just like any other normal game......something like that anyway.

Personally I think this is spot on and refreshing for manager to take cups as seriously as the league, obviously the amount of money involve impacts on the decision i.e if it was a Birmingham cup game on Sat before Stourbridge away I think we would be seeing as many chances as possible etc

Really hoping for both the fans and clubs sake we can go as far as possible in this comp, Torquay away 4th Qualifying round, then Stevenage at Home in 1st Round would do me - not asking for much.....lol, lets just get through Leicester Road first!!

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

I think Stour have a big squad now, after all the signings from Alvechurch and elsewhere, but we have good strength in depth as well.

A second string Sporting XI (not that I'd suggest 11 changes for either game) would look something like this I guess:

Brown
    Rankin, Horton, Lincoln, Westwood (is Kieren definitely still at the club??)
    Pykett, Massey, Broadhurst, Shorrock
    Perry, Peters

Lots of quality in there & two or three talented youngsters not even mentioned. I imagine some of the bigger names from that list will feature on Saturday especially those who are regaining fitness like Leon B.
    But definitely no excuse for taking it for granted, as pre-season showed us clubs from lower divisions can still very much give us a game.

See, I'm with you here Tom. I think the quality of our squad is more than enough to beat Leicester Road and let's see Shorrock, Jono, Peters, Perry, Pykett starting. I don't believe any of those players would let us down either in performance or effort - but as I've said before, Bren knows far more about this than me and I won't criticise whichever side he chooses.

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

£2890 in prize money yesterday not bad - would be great if we can get a good run in this cup

Worth its weight in Creme Eggs....

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Thumbs down

Is the "gate" money still split 50/50 and also the home club have to pay towards the visitors coach costs ??
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Cris is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Is the "gate" money still split 50/50 and also the home club have to pay towards the visitors coach costs ??
    Gate is split 50/50 after deduction of VAT and costs, including referees, Stewards/first aid/turnstile operators, away travel, floodlights. If thereís a loss after all thatís been paid for then the loss is split 50/50.

For the play off games last season after deductions the gate was split 25% for the league, then 35% for each club.
    Last edited by Cris; 25th August 2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Would you like a double?