Thread: Stourbridge - away - bank holiday - today.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Cool Stourbridge - away - bank holiday - today.

Today gives us another testing game. We have a good sized and talented squad and have started the season well , so 2-1 to us.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Scott Ward is offline user with most time on their hands

Currently Stourbridge 2 - 1 Sporting.
    Sporting took the lead after McDonald took a beautiful defence splitting pass in his stride. Still with plenty to do he fended off a defender and cooly slotted to the keepers left, followed by his trade mark flip.
    Stourbridge responded well and Sporting fended off a couple of decent attacks yet couldn't defend a corner from the right that was met well and settled in the left side of the net. Shortly after a well worked goal from some slick passing that left our keeper in no mans land followed. Been all Stourbridge since with Sporting going long quite often now.
    Hopefully Bren will have the right words at half time.
    Weather is fine and warm in the Black Country.
    Football from sporting needs improvement.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Scott Ward is offline user with most time on their hands

Can't quite put my finger on it today.
    Did Stourbridge stop us playing or were Sporting off colour?
    I'm leaning towards the former as they certainly made us make some silly mistakes and seemed to be in the way of most clearances.
    Dowd and Pyket didn't really make much of an impression on the game coming on as second half and midway 2nd half subs respectively.
    Stourbridge looked composed and savvy in protecting their lead. Bromsgrove couldn't quite find the key to unlock their defence.
    Having said all that, not an embarrassment against one of the league favourites and some positives to take into the next game. Well played Stourbridge. I think you'll find Sporting to be a different gravy at the Vic though. Hope we can get one back.
    Keep marching on!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ward View Post
    Can't quite put my finger on it today.
    Did Stourbridge stop us playing or were Sporting off colour?
    I'm leaning towards the former as they certainly made us make some silly mistakes and seemed to be in the way of most clearances.
    Dowd and Pyket didn't really make much of an impression on the game coming on as second half and midway 2nd half subs respectively.
    Stourbridge looked composed and savvy in protecting their lead. Bromsgrove couldn't quite find the key to unlock their defence.
    Having said all that, not an embarrassment against one of the league favourites and some positives to take into the next game. Well played Stourbridge. I think you'll find Sporting to be a different gravy at the Vic though. Hope we can get one back.
    Keep marching on!
    I was at the game today and I must agree with your comments on our first two subs today no impact sort of stopped us as I felt we finish the 1st half well after a well taken first goal . Onwards and upwards from here COYR

Long Range Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

The result was hard to take in the end, but the team battled hard to the finish in sweltering heat. We are still finding our feet and rhythm at this level, and there is work to be done in drilling and settling the back four (and working out the best way to deploy our skill on the wings), but there was nothing to be ashamed of yesterday (and on another day, with another ref, and the missing five minutes of time to be added on) we could have been walking away with something.

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Interesting observation - our game v Stourbridge attendance 1158. Solihull Moors v Eastleigh attendance 1014. Yes, local derby versus a horrid b/h Monday journey - but still impressive I thought.

And now we get to see how we match up in attendance terms in the FA Cup. 07.09.2019 - Sporting v Glassboys at the VG!!!
    On your feet or on your knees...