Thread: Jack Wilson right back????

Default Jack Wilson right back????

Let me start by saying that I love what brens done for the club,
    He's improved us massively since the Paul Smith era and he seems a born winner making ruthless but ultimately successful decisions (mozza,Jonah,aaron,jono etc)
    For the first time in his year and a half tenure though I have to question his team selection yesterday at Stourbridge, playing Jack at right back,moving Liam to right mid and bringing Westwood into left back.
    That threw the whole continuity out for me and wasn't surprised we struggled defensively first half
    As I said I'm a massive been fan, he's been absolutely fantastic for the club but playing a very left footed player at right back was very strange imo?
    Surprised no one else has mentioned this?
    Anyway nothing to fear in this league apart from the physicality
    No coincidence our best display was against a footballing side like Tamworth who tried to play football unlike coalville and Stourbridge who are very direct and physical
    Roll on the fa cup draw at 1pm

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

At work yesterday so can only offer my thoughts but , unless the re-aligned back four was down to player form or fitness, then MAYBE the game on Saturday was the one to "experiment" ? But as we all know, hindsight is a wonderful thing. And also , to lose 2-1 at one of the top teams is no disgrace. Here's to the cup draw and the next game.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Long Range Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

I think that how the other side saw it is instructive: https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/sp...vs-bromsgrove/

Wilson: A fine display out on the right as he did well to shackle Mills for long spells. Shifted to the left late on and continued to defend really well. Also got forward too. 8

Our highest rating, and suggestions that the Stourbridge team realised what was happening and tried to stop it. What do they say about Mills?

Mills: A mixed afternoon from the Stour winger. Came up against a good full-back in Jack Wilson who even followed him to the right flank after hed swapped wings in the second half. Still found a way to get some good balls in the box and work a few openings for himself. 7

It's all about opinions but
    If Liam's brought back as right back against Banbury it's kind of suggesting that he wasn't fancied to mark Stourbridge's left winger for some reason?
    Just seems very strange putting square pegs in round holes
    Not griping as I can't fault anything Brendan's done and love the bloke but would love to hear his reasoning behind the move

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    It's all about opinions but
    If Liam's brought back as right back against Banbury it's kind of suggesting that he wasn't fancied to mark Stourbridge's left winger for some reason?
    Just seems very strange putting square pegs in round holes
    Not griping as I can't fault anything Brendan's done and love the bloke but would love to hear his reasoning behind the move
    Yes left sided player on the right is a strange one for me too in saying that Jack done well at R back as did liam in midfield great pass for the first goal too .lets see what Saturday brings COYG