Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sporting vs Banbury U. 31/8/19.

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

SW/TB - agree with most of your observations........although for me SW I wouldn't say IMO its a sporting/Rovers thing.

I have commented on the past how a 'small' element of our (sporting) support have shouted/moaned almost constantly no matter what result/performances we are producing.....I have commented at times that I have felt almost embarrassed by what I have heard although I understand everyone has an opinion and the right to express it - but as I said at times in the past I have been at best totally bemused by some on the rubbish I have heard.....

I want desperately for us to do well (you can tell that from my season on season predictions) and have always felt we have/should have the capacity and ability to climb the pyramid........but note even I predicted 5th this season instead of top, that alone indicated that I know this season will be our toughest yet and by a long way............

Saying all this (my desire for top performances/results every game etc) I would never and have never shouted the negative crap at our team or individual players that I hear from some, and I have never even felt the need/desire to........one single missed pass and for example if our winger doesn't dribble past 5 men and slam it in the top corner - I hear moans and groans - its pathetic IMO.

Above everything else I appreciate that our players always have been genuine lads who love playing football and love playing for sporting and have always always tried their best, on the odd occasion this isn't good enough or they have an off day - shit happens its not on purpose.....

Supporting a team steaming through the leagues is easy and enjoyable, supporting a team that aren't isn't as easy for some but thats where proper supporters come into their own........and it can be just as enjoyable. I have personally enjoyed each of our 9/10 seasons the same and for different reasons, be it a FA vase semi final or say away on a Tuesday night at Coventry Copeswood scoring an equaliser in the last minute (remember that SW - if my memory is right??) or standing on a grass bank at Feckenham on a freezing Easter evening, think that was 1-1 or whatever it was its the coldest I have ever been!!!

Finally (hooray you may say) the sporting/Rovers thing..........SW let me tell you Rovers had the same/similar minority (older generation) supporter as well, not being agest thats my genuine observation and memory...

Maybe its a grumpy old man thing LOL - hope I never get to be one...........although watch this space hahahah
    Last edited by STH BHAM GREENS; 4th September 2019 at 09:57 AM.

Verdebianco is offline user with most time on their hands

Default In the words of Bren

"I can accept player performances and quality not being up to scratch week in week out, but what I can't accept is a lack of effort and a lack of people trying. Putting a shift in is a given yet only three or four players came out of the game with a little bit of credibility. It's something I can't accept. It has to be a wake-up call because the number of the players are now in the firing line, including those who came on."

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

A fair appraisal from the gaffer. I am sure he will do what ever he feels is needed. Players will come available as the season goes on , usually when clubs are eliminated from various cup competitions [FA , Trophy and Vase]. So we will most likely see a few new faces to freshen up the squad.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Verdebianco View Post
    "I can accept player performances and quality not being up to scratch week in week out, but what I can't accept is a lack of effort and a lack of people trying. Putting a shift in is a given yet only three or four players came out of the game with a little bit of credibility. It's something I can't accept. It has to be a wake-up call because the number of the players are now in the firing line, including those who came on."

Interesting!! Where is that interview/quote from VB

Verdebianco is offline user with most time on their hands

It's from this week's Bromsgrove Advertiser, SBG. The paper came yesterday but no doubt there's an online copy of his interview.

Positives for Saturday

1 Bren will have them fired up and demand a performance after the Banbury game so we should come out all guns blazing
    2 according to the advertiser Nathan hayward was missing through illness so hopefully he'll be back as he's one of our most important players imo
    3 international weekend so we should get a crowd of well into four figures
    4 I won't be driving so I can have a bloody good drink!

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Lightbulb

Just going back to the game in question , I have only just realised that Banbury are now top of the league after another away win on Tuesday at Peterborough Sports.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Positives for Saturday

1 Bren will have them fired up and demand a performance after the Banbury game so we should come out all guns blazing
    2 according to the advertiser Nathan hayward was missing through illness so hopefully he'll be back as he's one of our most important players imo
    3 international weekend so we should get a crowd of well into four figures
    4 I won't be driving so I can have a bloody good drink!
    Bren will be expecting a reaction from the lads but Stourbridge are a good outfit so it will not be Easy .
    Hayward misses the odd game and seems to go AWOL on occasions so not too sure what's going on there seems strange he wasn't mentioned as been ill then there was rumours he'd left the club so a bit strange,paper also says liam spink is doubtful Ankle injury and sharrock is not 100% .Gate I'm guessing 950 plus I'm working Saturday so will rely on twitter for updates