Thread: OK an observation - one of my pet hates

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Default OK an observation - one of my pet hates

Is it me or is this season worse then ever

In terms of - why are the away dug out allowed to have 3/4/5 members of their 'management team' dancing up and down the touchline whilst the game is going on?? They might as well be one the pitch and it wouldn't be long before they knock a linesman over/get in his way.......

Why do the officials allow it, they are practically on the pitch? I think we have shorted our markings for technical areas this season back towards the dug outs not that this was/would be obeyed by anyone anyway.

Its incredible you now have at least 2 permanent people right on the touchline the entire game - often quickly joined by 1 or 2 others at any given moment!!!!!

Also - did anyone else notice but at Stourbridge (first half anyway) Stourbridge permanently had what looked like a member of their coaching staff, camped on the cricket side of the pitch moving in line with their back four and coaching none stop/giving instructions - is this allowed?????
    Last edited by STH BHAM GREENS; 4th September 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Verdebianco is offline user with most time on their hands

Even my 10 year grandson has commented on this. Against Banbury and Biggleswade there were - at times - 4 or 5 people inside the technical box and sometimes 2 - 3 outside the box. On Saturday, one of them even entered the field of play during a stoppage to converse with one of their players. It does put additional pressure on the officials (adding to the pressure often exerted by the players) and needs to be curtailed sooner rather than later.

If you think Banbury was bad wait until Saturday when Ian long and his gang come to town!
    They must be top of the league for intimidating officials
    Let's hope we've got a strong experienced referee unlike the one at alvechurch in the fa cup last season
    Somehow I doubt it though

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Exclamation

As in most sports , there are always those who push the rules to the limits - sadly.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

As good a manager he is it’s an area I believe he really lets himself down in. Consistent berating of officials, doesn’t look good to the onlooking kids. Both Bren and in the past Paul Smith have always dealt well with referees and the decisions made IMO

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Oakalls Rover View Post
    As good a manager he is it’s an area I believe he really lets himself down in. Consistent berating of officials, doesn’t look good to the onlooking kids. Both Bren and in the past Paul Smith have always dealt well with referees and the decisions made IMO
    Agree Ian Long is defo a top manager at this level, I have commented on 'Alvechurch' bench antics in the past which can kindly be called theatrical.....

At our recent game at Stourbridge as the teams benches are about 40 yards apart and I stood by the sporting bench I could not see the Stourbridge management team etc

Be interesting to see how Ian Long and his bench behave at the Vic in front of the Main stand and in full view of sportings hardcore fans lol

Always said he is a fantastic manager with a more than proven track record totally respect that but the touchline antics - watch this space...…….Saturday!