Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formations and lineups

Quote Originally Posted by STH BHAM GREENS View Post
    Alright Tom B - one thing mate Jack Wilson has always played left back as long as I have watched sporting he wasn't converted their by Bren (if I am understanding your interpretation correctly?) Josh though you are right he was moved to Cm from full back by brendon.

Also just want to make the point (to my knowledge) Liam has never been a natural full back - he has always been a central midfield player (always) from his days at school boy football (tommies) to now. He has played at full back under Brendon and is doing his best and has never let us down with application and effort

Liam played for us in midfield in our invincible season and has played at centre midfield for other step 3 sides successfully in the past i.e reddicth and rushall Olympic. He also sustained a very serious injury playing for us - an injury many players would never have come back from...……..Liam is playing and doing his best for us in a position that isn't his natural one, he has filled in their to the best of his ability.
    SBG Top post must totally agree with your comments the point on Liam I believe you have spot on he is 100% the most natural midfielder in our squad he is also in my opinion totally different to Josh and Hayward who are very similar strong powerful ball winners where as Liam is a box to box player who has the ability to play that killer ball,I was there on the night of his sickening injury serious dislocated and and a broken leg which I believe had to be pinned and plated let's hope he can get back to his best as I'm sure he'd be pushing to get back in the middle until then I'd much rather see him play at RB than playing Left footed players there as I don't see this working . See you all Saturday

Agree with Breeden being arguably our most important player this season. Wilson has done a great job in the 2 x games v Stour (to man mark Greg Mills who is one of the best attackers in the league). It then just leaves us a bit vulnerable at LB as Westwood isn't a LB.
    Spink isn't a RB & although has been a weak link, can't fault his effort in playing out of position. Tom Rankin is the only natural RB but Bren seems to persist with Spink.
    Spink is also down the pecking order in CM with Quaynor & Hayward forming a good partnership. However i do agree that we lack a bit of creativity in the middle (like a No10) so that is why Dowd was there, also could use RTB there.
    We are definitely lacking another striker, think that is pretty obvious to see. However Saturday was much better than the two defeats previous to that game, and we definitely created more.
    Much higher standard, clinical strikers & better defenders all around

Quote Originally Posted by bw1996 View Post
    Agree with Breeden being arguably our most important player this season. Wilson has done a great job in the 2 x games v Stour (to man mark Greg Mills who is one of the best attackers in the league). It then just leaves us a bit vulnerable at LB as Westwood isn't a LB.
    Spink isn't a RB & although has been a weak link, can't fault his effort in playing out of position. Tom Rankin is the only natural RB but Bren seems to persist with Spink.
    Spink is also down the pecking order in CM with Quaynor & Hayward forming a good partnership. However i do agree that we lack a bit of creativity in the middle (like a No10) so that is why Dowd was there, also could use RTB there.
    We are definitely lacking another striker, think that is pretty obvious to see. However Saturday was much better than the two defeats previous to that game, and we definitely created more.
    Much higher standard, clinical strikers & better defenders all around
    Agree with some of your points I personally believe a fit Spink would play in front of one of the current cent Midlfild as he is proven at this level playing in other side i.e. Redditch and Rushall , don't get me wrong Hayward and Josh are solid but neither proven at this level and this is showing in games it's a big step up in class too .Big step up for Charlie too who I personally love as a player but not been at the races so far this year stronger defenders with bags of experience at this level it's a difficult step up and we are finding it tough but I'm sure we will be fine .COYR
    Last edited by taffy; 10th September 2019 at 08:43 AM.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Personally I thought Charlie did alright on Saturday in another unfamiliar role (was he briefly at full back in the Stour league match?) - if I remember rightly it may have been him who put a great low ball into the box when Shaq should've been alive to it, some point in the second half? Or was that Shorrock? Either way Charlie did look to get on the ball as much as possible, of course he's finding it slightly tougher than at a level below but for my money he's adapting well enough at this early stage.

Gary Whild? Or Gary Hackett?
    Last edited by Ozzy; 16th September 2019 at 10:00 AM.