Thread: Thread about our league & how its other clubs are doing

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Thread about our league & how its other clubs are doing

I couldn’t see a thread this would fit into, it feels at least half-related to us and sadly hardly anyone looks at the General Forum anyway!

Was just going to mention first of all that Hitchin got beat 5-0 by Welwyn Garden City this evening in the Southern League Challenge Cup, they’re in wretched form in the league as well; looking at early tables including goal difference it seems like there may again be two or three down the bottom who are cut adrift, though last season in the end Kidlington and North Leigh both survived somehow.

The top looks more competitive meanwhile...and already a nine-point gap from us to 1st. It’s just like chasing down Pete Sports all over again!

Definitely think we’ll have a better idea of our standing when we’ve played a few of the seemingly lesser lights. Frustratingly the most winnable-looking home fixture so far was opening day and that was in such freakish conditions, you can understand why barely any good football was played.

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

Halesowen nailed on to win league below and beat Stratford in the cup last night. Rushall beat Stourbridge and McDonald seems to have put together a decent side there, signed a couple from Sutton who I’m surprised we didn’t look at. Be a tough game next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakalls Rover View Post
    Halesowen nailed on to win league below and beat Stratford in the cup last night.
    I thought this pre-season, especially as Smudger pretty much took the entire Redditch squad with him down a division. They've already lost to Welwyn at home mind and Corby are up there again. As we saw last season, there isn't a great deal of quality in that league though.

4everGreen is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Oakalls Rover View Post
    Halesowen nailed on to win league below and beat Stratford in the cup last night. Rushall beat Stourbridge and McDonald seems to have put together a decent side there, signed a couple from Sutton who I’m surprised we didn’t look at. Be a tough game next Tuesday.
    I would back Corby to win that division who looking strong again.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Definitely hope Corby win Div 1 even though Halesowen would be another cracking derby. The Steelmen brought huge numbers to Bromsgrove anyway considering the distance.

Got no other strong feelings about teams we met last season, my friend is from WGC so might be good if they won the playoffs, but otherwise the Yeltz are as good a choice as any

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    Definitely hope Corby win Div 1 even though Halesowen would be another cracking derby. The Steelmen brought huge numbers to Bromsgrove anyway considering the distance.

Got no other strong feelings about teams we met last season, my friend is from WGC so might be good if they won the playoffs, but otherwise the Yeltz are as good a choice as any
    Said it pre season Halesowen to win league below for me. Tom B agree it will take a little while for the leagues to 'settle' again I always say to give it 10 to 12 games as which the picture is usually much clearer