Thread: A trip to Lowestoft. 14/9/1/9.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Thumbs up A trip to Lowestoft. 14/9/1/9.

A nice day out , although I "heard" that the squad are travelling today. One would hope a successful trip with at least a point to add to our total. Lets go for it lads.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Thumbs up

And if anyone fancies a beer when you get there, try The Stanford Arms in Stanford Street,

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Safe journey to all making the trek tomorrow, at least you’ll be in a big seaside town that sounds quite nice.

Think Leiston and Needham Market away will really separate the hardcore from the rest!

STH BHAM GREENS is offline user with most time on their hands

Bren is quoted in the paper that this is a 'win at all costs game;

Come on sporting back to winning ways

and respect to all the fans who make this trip today - loyal supporters!!!

Good win today - great for the fans who went all that way

We now move on to a game against 'top of the league' on Tuesday

Well done all

This thread pretty much sums this forum up; a great away win yesterday and one solitary post (from SBG) about it.

Where are all those people who were moaning and complaining after the recent defeats? I imagine if we had lost yesterday there would be much more than one post talking about things. Shows that certain people on come on here to post negative things about the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    This thread pretty much sums this forum up; a great away win yesterday and one solitary post (from SBG) about it.

Where are all those people who were moaning and complaining after the recent defeats? I imagine if we had lost yesterday there would be much more than one post talking about things. Shows that certain people on come on here to post negative things about the club.
    LOL - thanks for your observations Phoenix much appreciated. I do post win, lose or draw and always have. I do acknowledge this is an open forum so its open for anyone to post anything...Â….within the rules.

However I do agree with your observation that's some times the odd defeat can IMO lead to over the top reactions, its happened since our club was formed IMO and I think its fair to say if you listen to any radio phone in football related its filled with fans moaning about how their club are doing - its not just a sporting thing its football life in general and its got so much worse over last 20 years IMO

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Most people didn’t make the journey yesterday so until highlights come out, there’s precious little to say about it except well done etc! Whereas 1,200 odd saw the Stour home game and had a mix of praise and criticism. Nothing to see here imo. If anything it’s more divisive to slag other fans for something so minor...

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

This is slightly unfair. We travelled yesterday and I left home about 08.30 and arrived back at 21.15. I was shattered such that I didn’t hang about to write a post on the match. I fairly regularly post but usually after a decent performance or a win. I genuinely don’t believe it achieves anything when we slag players off on a public forum.

In this case I thought we put in a very good shift against another decent side. Defensively we looked about as strong as I have seen us. Leon and Tom put in fabulous performance - including a Broadhurst (I think it was) tackle that was very Bobby Moore (see Three Lions video!). Tom Taylor was my man of the match. He was superb and had a big influence on the game. Tony was strong and as ever his trademark distribution caused Lowestoft some problems. Midfield never lets us down and Nathan in particular had an excellent match. Charlie put in a good shift and Will was very strong making some great runs with great balls into the area. Attacking wise we were fairly well camped out in the top third of the field and finally got the breakthrough when Gregs came on and does what Gregs does best following a good pass from Shaq (again I stand to be corrected) - beating the ‘keeper at the near post although Nathan should take a little credit because he was square and waiting for Gregs to pass and I think the ‘keeper was in two minds about where to position himself. You watch - the video will prove all that to be my imagination.

Ref could have had a better game and he missed a full on elbow into Pezza’s face which was a yellow at the very least and probably a red. To Pezza’s credit, he just got up and got on with it.

Lowestoft FC was very traditional, but friendly and welcoming. Pitch was excellent from our side of the fence. They had a good singing contingent although we were happy to remind them their rendition of “you’re not very good” was a bit wide of the mark when we went 1-0 up. Probably 50-60 Sporting fans made the trip.

Any corrections/updates happily received.
    On your feet or on your knees...

Thumbs up

I would have loved to have gone to yesterdays game but [shift] work decreed otherwise ! When retirement comes . . . I will have more options. I absolutely love that part of the world , in fact anywhere from Kings Lynn across and down to Ipswich. Spent many happy days roaming that area. Well done to players and fans alike. Lets kick on from the result.