Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bromsgrove SPORTING vs Hednesford TOWN

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Bromsgrove SPORTING vs Hednesford TOWN

Top of the league visitors on a Tuesday night again, getting deja vu here.

It seems to me like the fixture list fell a bit unkindly for us so far this season, not as an excuse for poor performances mind you, but just in terms of getting big crowds at the VG. Non-league day and the Bank Holiday were both away fixtures, as will be Boxing Day at Alvechurch...couple of big ones on weekday evenings...Redditch on the 9th of next month should be our biggest yet.

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Talking

ha - couldn't agree more Tom. Hitchin aside, It seems to me that almost every team we play, every week is in the top 5.
    On your feet or on your knees...

We get the Easter Bank Holiday Monday at home in the return fixture vs Alvechurch, at least. And New Years Day home to Stour...be a few sore heads for that one

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Superb second half after hesitant start. This football club of ours never ceases to amaze me. We completely dominated the game after the break. Defence settled down and looked solid. At times a bit one dimensional with our keeper hoofing the ball at every opportunity missing out the midfield plus missing a penalty, but in the end we blew away the league leaders tonight. Should be another cracker on Saturday.

What a performance!
    Great win against the league leaders who looked a very good side especially the first half
    Defending was top notch considering we don't do clean sheets,how many last minute tackles/blocks in the first half????
    And Tony breedon giving their number 6 the abuse he deserved after karma came to roost
    All for a tenner as well
    Non league quality football
    Roll on Saturday 👍⚽👍⚽👍⚽🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Worth the season ticket price for that match alone. Imagine if we could do that every week...

What a night. Unbelievable game with everyone playing their part. Seems we find our spirit and belief when faced by 'tougher' tests. Hednesford showed their class but we were just too good for them. Whatever the outcome of this 'topsy turvy' season games like this are why we support non league. proud as always to be a Rousler. Top six if we believe.

Thought the performance was quality straight through the side last night and all for a Tenner !!

Couple of points for me that I picked up on,

Tony Breeden was captain and played a captains role for me, distribution as always gave us an edge, especially with a very active and mobile front four. He made 3 or 4 brilliant saves and was really vocal, (Nettie, I noticed his verbal's with their No 6 too, who despite being a bit sly I thought was their best player in a pretty good Hednesford side) . Only, and Christ this is fickle ! point I would make is penalties should be for outfield players, that miss last night could have resulted in a quick break with our goal unguarded (told you it was fickle)

Back Four looked the best I have seen them all season, all were immense and I thought Westwood had a really good game at right back as this is no way his natural position

Hayward and Quaynor are becoming better every game, breaking up play, annoying the hell out of opposition, strong, mobile and can play a bit too !

Four up top looked energetic, quick and a constant pain in the arse and have goals galore in them

Then you look at the bench, Gregs, Broadhurst, Dowd, Brown are all desperately unlucky not to be starting .. Spink & Hull were not in the squad for injury and (not sure about Hull) and they would always be stacking a claim for a start and Bren is talking about 1 more addition too....

I think recruitment now the season has got going has improved too with quality coming in that really compliment our style of play so hats off to the board and Bren for that

Confident that we will be looking up the table now rather than down for the rest of the season

Last night was definitely our best performance of the season overall, second half was just like Tamworth away.
    First half was cagey, and Hednesford had many chances. They will 100 % be top 6 this year.
    I am not bothered with our penalty taker, however i do understand people's disagreement with a GK taking them. If he had put it away, no one would say a word!
    The back 4 were very good. We have swapped many times at CB this year, however it is Taylor & Lincoln for me that work best. I personally think Lincoln is very underrated. I still don't agree with Westwood at RB, but last night we can let him off!
    Going forward we are very dangerous. Two men marking Mills meant Shorrock was given more freedom, which he took advantage of. Bench was also very strong.
    Taylor & Shaq link up well, and compliment each other well. Definitely a partnership that can get even better.
    Last night we clicked, were very clinical & if we perform like that more often, will be there or there abouts. Great to get our first home win in league.

Player ratings from the night (disclaimer I had 5 beers)

BREEDEN 8 - minus two for the penalty miss and some wayward kicking (you either get gold or trash from his clearances it seems, high risk high reward) but otherwise perfect, best save was at 3-0 up but still important cause they were getting chances for sure

WESTWOOD 8 - lovely finish and an extra mark for playing out of position, some really careless passes second half but didn't matter in the end
    WILSON 8 - very very good and only marked down for how often they got in behind him first half...but a fair few good recoveries from Jacko even when they did
    TAYLOR 9 - thank god he's back, what an immense cb
    LINCOLN 9 - thank god he never quite left, what an immense cb

SHORROCK 10 - I didn't quite clock at the time but THREE ASSISTS, call him the non league De Bruyne. Also unreal how much he competes in the air for his height and build. Wonder if he can work his way back to pro football as his attitude is spot on and the talent is arguably there
    MILLS 9 - if Charlie's going to be benched for a while then he'd do very well to look at how direct GM can be, and if I remember right his quick thinking and vision plus Taylor's strength were what set Shorrock away when we won the penalty (our best move of the game)
    QUAYNOR 9 - got crunched by the type of tackle he sometimes makes himself early on, got up dusted off and went on to dominate midfield. Positive on the ball as well
    HAYWARD 9 - to be honest I thought he'd have a rare off day after a shaky first 15 minutes, probably wasn't at his absolute best over the full 90 BUT!! A world class finish for the second and most important goal. Felt we had to turn our dominance into a 2-0 lead pronto & he delivered

SHAQ 8 - worked very hard and gave their defence a headache, not a star turn like against Hitchin of course, but for someone visibly not 100% his effort was incredible
    TAYLOR 9 - not only has he played like a king so far, you can tell Gregory is thriving off the competition too. Must be one of the strongest players in the division but has plenty of class too, I hope we keep playing our quick moving style despite his aerial threat as he can do both

And a shout out to Gregs for a lovely finish!