Thread: Sporting v Nuneaton

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Sporting v Nuneaton

Not many times that I can say we were second best since I have watched Sporting but we were today. Since when have we resorted to lumping the ball up to the centre forward and then hoping for the best. We have always played football on the ground but our tactics fell in the hands of Nuneaton. Think we need to learn from this awful performance and go again. COYR.

Fine upto when they scored then all one way I thought, couldn't get through there defence and they were mostly long balling over the top for the 2 strikers to outpace our defenders.

Very disappointing after Tuesday
    Nuneaton looked solid but nothing special
    Full of ups and downs this league
    Can't understand why Shaq isn't starting evey game

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Very disappointing after Tuesday
    Nuneaton looked solid but nothing special
    Full of ups and downs this league
    Can't understand why Shaq isn't starting evey game
    Shaq has been struggling to shake an injury recently, otherwise Iím sure he wouldíve started.

I think we badly missed him and to a lesser extent Kieren Westwood.

Subs were very weird with Shaq effectively replacing Rankin (but obviously not playing anywhere near rb). I really donít know what our shape was meant to be after that point. Charlie looks horrendously short of confidence as well.

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

The fact of the matter is we have been crying out for a right-back since the start of last season really and itís an area that hasnít been improved. We have one in Tom Rankin who seems to get the odd game here and there but never a consistent run in the team, I seem to remember Spink playing virtually the whole of last year there and he improved, canít see why Rankin isnít afforded the same time?

Yesterday was poor no doubt about it, however was disappointed with the fans - big crowd but poor atmosphere which is always the case when kicking towards the shed first half. Also Gregoryís attempt to gee up the town end in the second half led to a few petulant responses from the crowd. Fair enough the performance wasnít there but these fans need to appreciate the rough as well as the smooth, 3 consecutive promotions, now playing consistently good sides and 1 yesterday who was at step 2 last year. Some games we will have to drag the lads through particularly if not playing so well, and a few seem to think we have a divine right to just turn up and win.

Onto Barwell Tuesday.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Itís a damn shame Azza fell out with Bren as Iíd love to have seen him have a go at this league.

I havenít seen much of Rankin but donít know if he looked like a natural right back yesterday - in possession he doesnít carry it nearly as well as Wilson or even Westwood, and then they still got in behind him a good few times cause it seemed like he had switched off or been drawn to the ball. Tom Taylor had to bail him out more than once