Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7-2 to Barwell.

Yes, I saw that last night too.

If I am honest I don't know how I feel about this. 100% wonderful gesture to the charity and fair play to all the players, but it is almost setting a precedent, which I feel is a bit unfair to the players Ö.

In reverse phycology, do they get a bonus when they entertain and get a great result? (Tamworth, Rushall and Rushden spring to mind) Ö.. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times in 4 years I have come away from a Sporting game thinking there were "not at the races" so are we in danger of becoming a victim of our own success?

As I say the gesture is great but maybe not as a consequence of Tuesday night, maybe a double training session might have been more apt !

As a club, just my opinion this is, we seem to have a pride in being a "family" and I often hear we win together and lose together, but we possibly might have gone against this by singling out the players. I would have a preferred a bucket at the turnstile for everyone to make a donation to the Charity, no matter how big or small, to really cement that we are a united club

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Green View Post
    I see from the clubs social media channels that the players involved on Tuesday have made a collective donation to charity in response to their poor performance
    I am surprised they had any dosh left after Saturdays jolly . . . .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
    Yes, I saw that last night too.

If I am honest I don't know how I feel about this. 100% wonderful gesture to the charity and fair play to all the players, but it is almost setting a precedent, which I feel is a bit unfair to the players Ö.

In reverse phycology, do they get a bonus when they entertain and get a great result? (Tamworth, Rushall and Rushden spring to mind) Ö.. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times in 4 years I have come away from a Sporting game thinking there were "not at the races" so are we in danger of becoming a victim of our own success?

As I say the gesture is great but maybe not as a consequence of Tuesday night, maybe a double training session might have been more apt !

As a club, just my opinion this is, we seem to have a pride in being a "family" and I often hear we win together and lose together, but we possibly might have gone against this by singling out the players. I would have a preferred a bucket at the turnstile for everyone to make a donation to the Charity, no matter how big or small, to really cement that we are a united club
    When itís millionaires itís different but no I donít like the idea of semi-pros having to cough up money just off the back of a bad performance. I also really didnít like how in Brenís interview he took no responsibility for it - sorry but although itís fair to say you send them over that touchline & itís up to them, you as manager are who theyíre representing, you pick the team and try to get them playing their best. He surprised me a bit there.

Itís not as if he didnít affect the game from the bench either, he drastically changed the teams shape at 3-0 down (like he did at 2-1 vs Nuneaton) and it evidently didnít work because we let in another 4.

If players were shattered from a big drinking session on Saturday then no it isnít great, thatís just speculation though - they may have recovered fully and then just had ďone of those daysĒ.

I like to think with the new signings we might finally see a more settled lineup from now on.

RuberyRed is offline user with most time on their hands

Semi pro players going out on a Saturday night is nothing new itís been going on since time and will continue to do so. Our game was called off Sat so the players went out for a drinks, donít forget these guys work all week and give up virtually all day Sat. This is only being brought up because of the result Tuesday night.

Like others on here I am not sure about the donations but I guess Bren and co. weíre smarting after Tuesday and wanted to show itís unacceptable. Itís a nice thought but for me personally at this level seems a little extreme but at least somebody gets some benefit out of it.

Phoenix is offline user with most time on their hands

Chalk me up as another who's not a fan of the players being forced to donate part of their wages to charity on the back of a poor result.

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Brenden Kelly is a terrific mnager. Tuesday night, the players let him down. The performance or non performance was all about the poor attitude of quite a few of the players. Brenden always gives 100 percent, Tuesday night the players did not.