Thread: All Time Greats

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Default All Time Greats

Just reflecting on Sporting's all time greats whilst watching the rain and unable to play golf or watch my favourite home town club. Amazingly, five still remain at the club today. In a 4-3-3 formation here's my eleven. R. Francis, A. Roberts, C. Jones, D. Morris, J. Wilson, R. Bunn, N. Hayward, J. Quaynor, R. Gregory, J. Cowley, S. Brain. Plus three subs: L. Edwards, J. Pykett, T. Taylor. Just shows how good the remaining five are.

Welsh Green is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Neil P View Post
    Just reflecting on Sporting's all time greats whilst watching the rain and unable to play golf or watch my favourite home town club. Amazingly, five still remain at the club today. In a 4-3-3 formation here's my eleven. R. Francis, A. Roberts, C. Jones, D. Morris, J. Wilson, R. Bunn, N. Hayward, J. Quaynor, R. Gregory, J. Cowley, S. Brain. Plus three subs: L. Edwards, J. Pykett, T. Taylor. Just shows how good the remaining five are.
    I reckon some (including myself) would want Messers S Wills and C Lloyd in there too, you could also suggest a certain K Banner for his previous exploits at The Vic.

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Not in the form of a 'team' but for me there has been a whole host of epic contributors to the cause over the 10 years Bromsgrove Sporting has been going...

Yes - from the three promotions the likes of Mozza, Jonah, Azza, Gregs, Jack Wilson, John Pykett, Nathan H, Josh Q, Jason Cowley, Reece F and Jono but we also have to remember some of the early greats - Chrisi Conway, Jon Rogers, the legend that is Kevin Banner (I bought his grandad a cup of tea! :-) ), Chris Bright, Mark Bellingham, Jake Bedford...

I could well be back with some more as I mull it over.
    On your feet or on your knees...

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

A while back, someone mentioned the idea of an honours board - I reckon quite a number of the players mentioned in this thread could have found themselves included.
    On your feet or on your knees...

I always enjoyed watching Reece Hewitt. The FA Vase run with Sun Sports then Buckland & Bristol Manor, where he bossed the show, are stand out. Towards the end of his stay he had injuries, but like the others mentioned, on his day, wow.

Also I guess he is fit again as he seems to be doing well at Halesowen at the moment.