Thread: Sporting v Kings Langley

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Sporting v Kings Langley

Completely dominated the game last night, result was never in doubt. Not many times we have said that at home this season but think we may have turned the corner with a good performance and hopefully a more settled side. Some very good individual performances. Jak Hickman, Harry Higginson, Leon Broadhurst and Greg Mills all impressed. Nice to see Charlie Dowd get a start who never put a foot wrong. Currently we are in third position coming up to Christmas, so need to continue this form into the New Year if we are to mount a promotion challenge. COYR.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

I have to pretty much agree with all of the above. A penalty in the first few minutes is always a good way to settle any nerves ! Dispatched clinically by Mr Mills. Who then, on the half hour, even more expertly scored with an excellent free kick. Add to this a Mike Taylor "you can not knock me off the ball" special ten minutes later and that gave an almost faultless first half. [Second part to follow.] . . . . . . .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Game is all about opinions I left last night a little disappointed . Firstly Kings Langley, I thought they were the poorest side that I have seen at the VG this season, one dimensional, poor quality and blimey did they like to moan

I thought 1st half was brilliant and clinical with Mills, Taylor, Higginson & Broadhurst looking really good. 2nd Half I thought we made them look the better side, I might be being over critical as it was a cold December night on a heavy pitch just 72 hours after a hard game, but i thought we could have really put them to the sword more than we did.

Other notables for me was Richard Gregory looked really sharp, Gift Mussa grew into the game and I thought was the stand out player in the 2nd half, Nathan, as always, held things together really well in the midfield but a little worry he looks like he picked up a knock towards the end of the game with the only consolation being if he is crocked Josh Quaynor can slot back in.

Great league position and a tough looking game at Stratford coming up Saturday but an opportunity to continue our good run of results

. . . . . At the start of the second half , we decided we had to make sure we did not concede in the first 10/15 minutes , that Gregory would get a goal and Mills would get his hat-trick. Well we got the first one correct. The visitors were certainly prepared to come at us throughout the ninety minutes and had slightly the better of the second half in my mind . Despite some good defending through the half ,they got their reward with a goal a few minutes from the final whistle , but we attacked the shed-end and won a another penalty duly converted by "Shaq". Overall, a much better organised team performance , always like to see us play 4 - 4 - 2. Three more points in the bag and climbing the league. Have to be happy with that.

Agree a good performance. Worrying low attendance for a league game (417?). Attendances falling off last few outings. Has bubble burst for the trophy fans or can the more fickle be tempted back into the fold by increasingly improved home form?

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
    Agree a good performance. Worrying low attendance for a league game (417?). Attendances falling off last few outings. Has bubble burst for the trophy fans or can the more fickle be tempted back into the fold by increasingly improved home form?
    It was a freezing midweek game and there were two Prem matches on TV, pretty much a one-off. Attendances were lower last December as well, 'only' about 750 of us were at the 4-3 vs Pete Sports, and that was a prestige match at 3pm on a milder Saturday evening than we've been having lately.

I thought the attendance was pretty good, 3rd home game in 10 days, Xmas is on us so people are watching their pennies and it was a bloody freezing Tuesday night !! Still a long long way to go.

A one off attendance that is a bit lower than others does not mould the season

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

It is odd the attendance thing - in my view I remember having feelings like that most years as Christmas approaches. Here are some possible explanations

1. It is very dark and very cold (and I hate the cold)
    2. Football on the tv
    3. People either Christmas shopping or
    4. Saving money for Christmas shopping (spending 6-7 just 'feels' OK whereas 10 gives people the chance to ask themselves the question - 10 quid is a Christmas present for someone).
    5. We also have the spectre of an election and all the sh1t that that can bring with it - people are being cautious for sure.
    6. Some of the Villa fans who got fed up leading up to the relegation from the Prem and beyond are possibly drifting back to a now sold out Villa Park (and yes - I am a Villa supporter)
    7. Teams have noticeably raised their game when playing at the VG or shut up shop in a way that they didn't or couldn't do in the lower leagues means that the 'spectacle' is less and the games more attritional than previously)

But this year...

6. We are no longer the perpetual league leaders almost guaranteed a home three points so the cut and thrust of the title chase isn't there. The excitement of climbing the league pyramid was always going to become more difficult Only four years ago we were playing Studley, Inkberrow and Pelsall Villa. An early Nov Tuesday league crowd was 182.

Hopefully, making a move towards securing a play off place could help bring in the crowds in the run up to the end of the season. It is worth noting that we have disappointing crowds that other teams dream of.

The Christmas attendances will be worth keeping an eye on too - especially if we put in strong performances in those games.

But standing third at the moment - albeit a precarious third :-) is awesome given our trajectory over the last four years. It is still a GREAT time to be a Bromsgrove Sporting fan.
    On your feet or on your knees...

Can I add that the BetVictor website says our gate was almost nearly double the second highest gate ? I assume this figure is accurate , although earlier today they stated we won 5 - 1 . . . . . .