Thread: Sporting v Rushden & Diamonds

Neil P is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Sporting v Rushden & Diamonds

Poor performance today, thought Rushden were there for the taking. Didn't think we applied ourselves to the conditions. Too many players not caring enough on what we as the supporters expect. What is not acceptable is players giving less than 100 percent. Very disappointing considering a bumper crowd for the Saturday before Christmas. Attitude must improve if we are to challenge for a play off place.

covrover is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Neil P View Post
    Poor performance today, thought Rushden were there for the taking. Didn't think we applied ourselves to the conditions. Too many players not caring enough on what we as the supporters expect. What is not acceptable is players giving less than 100 percent. Very disappointing considering a bumper crowd for the Saturday before Christmas. Attitude must improve if we are to challenge for a play off place.
    Especially at bloody home !!!

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Rushden were determined not to get beaten yesterday and their line up and tactics endorsed this. It was like many home games over recent seasons when visiting teams have played with ten behind the ball and tried to catch us with a quick break. We were stifled time and time again and at times , twenty players were condensed in one quarter of the pitch. If one of the half chances we created in the opening minutes had been converted we could have had a positive result but overall we defended well - as did AFCRD - so a draw was probably to be expected. Not too disappointed so here's to the festive season's games.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil P View Post
    Well I've heard it all now
    Not one of those players gave less than 100 per cent
    On the day rushden came and gave a very strong,resolute performance probably fired up after the 8-2 result at their place
    The pitch was very heavy and not conducive to attractive football which didn't help but both sides gave it their all
    Draw was a fair result
    Clean sheets, another unbeaten game
    Can't win them all which some supporters would do well to realise at this higher level

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    On the day rushden came and gave a very strong,resolute performance probably fired up after the 8-2 result at their place
    The pitch was very heavy and not conducive to attractive football which didn't help but both sides gave it their all
    Draw was a fair result
    Can't win them all which some supporters would do well to realise at this higher level
    I think this is fair. We are now starting to play amongst teams that are bordering on professional and the next league up actually have full time players I think. Winning games like we did four years ago just won't happen. Teams come to us knowing what the deal is - look at how many times we get spun round so we attack the town end in the second half. Teams do their homework and know what to do - stack 10 men in defence and hit us on the break. They are well organised and we're not always going to get a win. And tbf Rushden looked pretty good at our place.
    On your feet or on your knees...

Quote Originally Posted by marc s View Post
    I think this is fair. We are now starting to play amongst teams that are bordering on professional and the next league up actually have full time players I think. Winning games like we did four years ago just won't happen. Teams come to us knowing what the deal is - look at how many times we get spun round so we attack the town end in the second half. Teams do their homework and know what to do - stack 10 men in defence and hit us on the break. They are well organised and we're not always going to get a win. And tbf Rushden looked pretty good at our place.
    Spot on
    No gimmes any more in this league

Phoenix is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Draw was a fair result
    Always the same with some posters sadly. Whenever the team don't win it's "the players aren't trying", "the players aren't good enough we need some new faces in", "there are clearly problems behind the scene" etc. I swear some people think we should put five or six goals past each team and win comfortably, forgetting that this is the highest level we've ever played at and coming up against very good sides week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Always the same with some posters sadly. Whenever the team don't win it's "the players aren't trying", "the players aren't good enough we need some new faces in", "there are clearly problems behind the scene" etc. I swear some people think we should put five or six goals past each team and win comfortably, forgetting that this is the highest level we've ever played at and coming up against very good sides week in week out.
    Yes couldn't agree more
    It's called the modern day fan phoenonem I reckon
    Today for instance if the result was 1-1 instead of 4-1 posters would be saying the same about effort etc
    Makes you laugh really