Thread: Bromsgrove Sporting v Tamworth 2020.01.11

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Bromsgrove Sporting v Tamworth 2020.01.11

I have just seen that the club has announced crowd segregation arrangements for the Tamworth match so a decent crowd is anticipated - I would hope for 1250+ so I am not sure we needed the segregation unless they are either anticipating a bit of bother or I am underestimating the crowd size. Whatever, I am looking forward to the game as I think it will be an even better measure of where we are than the game we won on their turf - great match, but I reckon they underestimated us and we caught them off their guard. That won't be the case at the VG on Saturday. Not a single easy game in this league I reckon.

3-2 Sporting win...I can dream can't I?
    On your feet or on your knees...

I feel there is big expectation on Tamworth to go up this year, a bit like Stourbridge ! If they can come to us and get a result then fair play to them, but I feel that we will have enough to win tomorrow and as there are a lot of things in our favour ( local prem and league teams away) I think the crowd will be somewhere around the 1800 - 2000 mark - here's hoping Ö.

Long Range Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

What an absolutely marvellous afternoon, gutsy team performance, and win. Well done to one and all! I love this club so much. Onwards - up the Rouslers!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Range Rover View Post
    What an absolutely marvellous afternoon, gutsy team performance, and win. Well done to one and all! I love this club so much. Onwards - up the Rouslers!
    This!
    100 per cent
    What an unbelievable job bren and Andy are doing
    Two successive promotions
    Now top of a very very tough league
    I'll still be happy whatever happens
    Play offs would be great though being greedy

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

A real gutsy performance, Tamworth could have been out of sight at half time if it wasnít for Platt. Second half we were much better, took our goal well and dug in when we needed to. Special mention to me for Leon Broadhurst who was and has been outstanding for much of the season. Mills and Taylor get a large chunk of credit for their goalscoring (and rightly so) but Leon is the one I canít believe the angry little man at Stour let go. Him and Taylor chalk and cheese as centre-backs but work together so well.

Just when you think it canít get much better after the festive period it does! Long way to go but massive credit to everyone involved in restoring this great club back to where it belongs.. it really makes me so proud.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Grind out a 1-0 win or win 4-0 , still the same three points after the 90. A big well done though. And just to prove sods law , the first weekend I have off for ages and I was "pre-booked" to attend a family "do" . . . . . . . .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

To be honest I thought our whole defence were run ragged by them for long spells, and looked much shakier than usual all round, but it didn't matter in the end as Platt was in such amazing form - and was also the first time in ages I've seen our back 4 really struggle, so given that one of them scored the winner & they ultimately kept a clean sheet, it would be harsh to criticise too much!

I've never been sure whether Shaq has been out through injury or simply Bren preferring others up front, but if he's fully fit I would really like to see him starting some more matches again now. The competition is excellent up there but no one else brings his kind of movement...Mills belongs on the wing although he did fine up front at the weekend, so now that Gregs is on the way back, we'll hopefully have 3 quality strikers competing for 2 places again. Tonnes of minor injuries throughout the squad this season but let's hope it settles down in the new year.

Incidentally if we did go up, and kept this squad together, I think we'd probably stay up in the NLN. One day at a time though!