Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barwell at home in the league.

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Post Barwell at home in the league.

Just show the "highlights" of the Trophy game to the players at ten to three on Saturday . . . . . . . .

Another big game if we are to keep in contention. Do we have the ability ? Yes. Will we perform to our ability ? I hope so.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Another inept display. I am sure others will post win together lose together but this team has somehow lost the plot. No passion no tactics and no communication. Up front we looked like under tens playing kick and run. Other results today (Coalville and Stourbridge losing) keep us in the play off mix but unless we can discover something from the pit of inconsistent naivety then we really donít deserve it. It stems from the lack of tactical experience from the management team. Need to introduce new thinking; maybe an additional body, a person with coaching background and more grey hair than MrKelly. UTR

Sack em all
    Close the ground

Seriously it was poor but we're on a massive learning curve in a very very competitive league
    We're not going to win every week
    Rinse and repeat
    Whatever happens plenty of positives this season and optomism for next season

Desperately missing mikey and hicky

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
    Another inept display. I am sure others will post win together lose together but this team has somehow lost the plot. No passion no tactics and no communication. Up front we looked like under tens playing kick and run. Other results today (Coalville and Stourbridge losing) keep us in the play off mix but unless we can discover something from the pit of inconsistent naivety then we really donít deserve it. It stems from the lack of tactical experience from the management team. Need to introduce new thinking; maybe an additional body, a person with coaching background and more grey hair than MrKelly. UTR
    Sorry 😐 mate but you are an absolute clown 🤡 kicking off every time we lose I for one think you should go and maybe watch another team this league was a massive step up and overall we have done very well but you just expect to win and play well all the time at this level that doesnít happen,we were poor again today
    Thatís for sure but you are not realistic so stay at home .

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Sorry 😐 mate but you are an absolute clown 🤡 kicking off every time we lose I for one think you should go and maybe watch another team this league was a massive step up and overall we have done very well but you just expect to win and play well all the time at this level that doesnít happen,we were poor again today
    Spot on mate👍

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Sack em all
    Close the ground

Seriously it was poor but we're on a massive learning curve in a very very competitive league
    Rinse and repeat

Mickey is a big loss we seem to be misfiring but Iím with you letís be positive on to the next game .COYR

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    This comment has made me laugh but I agree you are spot on and these people call themselves fans too
    I agree stay away with all your negative comments

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just show the "highlights" of the Trophy game to the players at ten to three on Saturday . . . . . . . .
    It did not work !! !! Almost all players can play better , but , thinking back to the start of the season , I said stay up first, then finish about half way . . . . and so on. Disappointed today ? Yes. Is it the end of the world ? No. A couple of "missing" players have been mentioned , dare I mention another ?? Haywood ?? Here's to the next game .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Sack em all
    Close the ground

Rinse and repeat

I agree with you on all points apart from the "optimism for next season", surely we are not giving up on this season ?

The games in hand position of other clubs is nearly sorted and the table is looking like a more realistic one at the moment, but that is making performances like yesterday even more frustrating, getting beaten by better sides or better players is part and parcel of the game, so is the team having off days and not performing, but we have had these off days, from memory at home to Ö

Banbury
    Needham
    Coalville
    Hitchin
    Barwell

& away to Kings Langley

That is my frustration and I thought yesterday was the worst performance I have seen from a Sporting side. We have been getting the you tube interviews of a grumpy Bren saying the players were this and that, he isn't happy, people are playing for their shirts etc etc ÖÖ. But the concern is after hearing that for about 1/2 dozen times we are not seemingly able to fix it, so we have to do something different

Not saying the players are blameless, I felt that at least 2 players were totally uninterested yesterday and the others, with maybe a footnote for Davidson and Broadhurst, were all well below bar and the subs had very little impact

This is not a "Bren Out" thread, far far from it as their have been far more positives than negatives this season, but we have to constructively concentrate on the negatives to improve.... my own questions about yesterday now I have slept on it are:

There best player was a left winger, did we not scout that? So we played a natural left sided midfielder at right back, Westy (no offense to him) was torn apart, yes we have injury problems in the position but have we lost trust in Liam that much that he could not play there like his has over 30 times in the last year? (again not sure if he was available as he was not even on the bench)

Josh Quaynor has always been vice captain this season ÖÖ changed to Tom Taylor yesterday, to me that just unsettles Quaynor and low and behold he gets dragged off?

Greggs on the bench Ö. again Management decision but we were toothless and immobile up front from minute 1..... Everyone in the ground can see it Ö.. so why only address it a 2-1 down and less than half an hour left?

We are really missing a leader out there, someone to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and say it is not good enough and lead by example Ö. I think we are really noticing the miss of Nathan Hayward now Ö. that is not a dig at Gift Mussa either as I think he has been brilliant for us, but just a different type of player

Mikey, Hicky, Shaq are all big misses but when we don't have them we need better tactical and formation options as we struggle and like yesterday we get found out

Our destiny is in our own hands and paly offs would be fantastic, but imagine if we miss out after repeated poor showings like yesterday Ö..

On to Redditch we go

Once again defensive errors cost us goals. We need to cut them out.