Thread: Victoria Ground

Ramosjono17 is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Victoria Ground

Huge news Today
    Ground Rent has been lowered significantly from 12,000 to 2,000 a year pending Ratification from the council later this Month
    And the lease has been extended for another 25 years
    Well done all in getting this done

https://bromsgrovesporting.co.uk/new...pport-sporting
    Last edited by Ramosjono17; 5th June 2020 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramosjono17 View Post
    Huge news Today
    Ground Rent has been lowered significantly from 12,000 to 2,000 a year pending Ratification from the council later this Month
    And the lease has been extended for another 25 years
    Well done all in getting this done

https://bromsgrovesporting.co.uk/new...pport-sporting
    Just to clarify, The rent hasn’t been ‘’reduced’ But the council will give us UP TO £10,000 BACK per year for 5 years to pay for agreed capital expenditures. (Subject to ratification) although we don’t have the details yet I imagine it will be ‘we pay the rent monthly as now, then When we have have a project, new loos, dugouts, disabled area eg, we then apply to get the value of that project BACK from what we have paid. (And hopefully we can back date it so we dont have to wait ten months for the first payment)
    Nb well done to Phil Baker and Mike Gardiner who have worked hard for a long time on this

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nb well done to Phil Baker and Mike Gardiner who have worked hard for a long time on this
    Great news , well done all .
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Just to clarify, The rent hasn’t been ‘’reduced’ But the council will give us UP TO £10,000 BACK per year for 5 years to pay for agreed capital expenditures. (Subject to ratification) although we don’t have the details yet I imagine it will be ‘we pay the rent monthly as now, then When we have have a project, new loos, dugouts, disabled area eg, we then apply to get the value of that project BACK from what we have paid. (And hopefully we can back date it so we dont have to wait ten months for the first payment)
    Will the irrigation system class as an investment and hence get the money back?

[QUOTE=Boabby;65990]Will the irrigation system class as an investment and hence get the money back?

Hopefully!
    Other options would be ‘New projects Submitted to council for consideration from this date’
    OR
    ‘We have to pay at least 10 months rent (£10,000) from this date before asking for any of our money back’
    (Ideally we can pay £2k p/a rent and keep £10k to use on ground😉&#128516
    And remember we still have to find £12k per year, projects and/or rent.
    And if we want to do a ‘larger than £10k‘ project will we have to wait more than 1 years rent to get the money back?

[QUOTE=Mike;65993]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boabby View Post
    Will the irrigation system class as an investment and hence get the money back?

Hopefully!
    Other options would be ‘New projects Submitted to council for consideration from this date’
    OR
    ‘We have to pay at least 10 months rent (£10,000) from this date before asking for any of our money back’
    (Ideally we can pay £2k p/a rent and keep £10k to use on ground😉&#128516
    And remember we still have to find £12k per year, projects and/or rent.
    And if we want to do a ‘larger than £10k‘ project will we have to wait more than 1 years rent to get the money back?
    You are still paying £12,000 per year rent, you are just putting £10k into "landlords improvements." Redditch just get a rebate against the junior teams!

Why not just buy the ground giving them first option to buy if you want to sell?

[QUOTE=Boabby;65994]

You are still paying £12,000 per year rent, you are just putting £10k into "landlords improvements." Redditch just get a rebate against the junior teams!

Why not just buy the ground giving them first option to buy if you want to sell?
    I think we probably need to make one step at a time, but whereas I think your right about "landlord improvements", with us getting an extended lease those will be essential in us being able to progress up the pyramid and progress and I cannot see the council giving us a grant for improvements out of their own budget.

The work by the board has been fantastic and yes I am sure we would all love to buy the ground and be self sufficient but I imagine that the financial outlay is huge for this and would probably stretch us commercially to place we don't want to be and risk undoing the work completed over the last 7-8 years

[QUOTE=MonkeySpanker;65995]

I think we probably need to make one step at a time, but whereas I think your right about "landlord improvements", with us getting an extended lease those will be essential in us being able to progress up the pyramid and progress and I cannot see the council giving us a grant for improvements out of their own budget.

The work by the board has been fantastic and yes I am sure we would all love to buy the ground and be self sufficient but I imagine that the financial outlay is huge for this and would probably stretch us commercially to place we don't want to be and risk undoing the work completed over the last 7-8 years
    The outlay would not be large as you give them first option to buy. There is also the Covenant that covers the sale as it was given to the "Town" not the Council, for use by the football club. I would suggest a low figure could be negotiated and that would allow the club to apply for load of grants and develop the whole site for the good of the club, not the Council.

I personally think it would be great for the society to look at buying the ground, they could charge a rent to the club and grant back, the same as the Council. It would then be a truly "Fan owned" club and ensure unity and prevent rogue chairmen running the club as they see fit.

[QUOTE=Boabby;65996]
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySpanker View Post
    I personally think it would be great for the society to look at buying the ground, they could charge a rent to the club and grant back, the same as the Council. It would then be a truly "Fan owned" club and ensure unity and prevent rogue chairmen running the club as they see fit.
    That can't happen. Wasn't the club set up so nobody can have individual control with the supporters society as the main shareholder to make sure that Sporting wouldn't go the same way as Rovers? Has that changed? How could any one individual take control of the club if this is the way it was set up? Heaven forbid another Tom Herbert could ever appear.

[QUOTE=G W Reilly;65997]

That can't happen. Wasn't the club set up so nobody can have individual control with the supporters society as the main shareholder to make sure that Sporting wouldn't go the same way as Rovers? Has that changed? How could any one individual take control of the club if this is the way it was set up? Heaven forbid another Tom Herbert could ever appear.
    I am lead to understand that there have been changes in voting rights at the AGM leading to changes being able to be made that suits some elements better than others. Best to chat with the Supporters society, but I do not know how to contact them.