Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Gregory

Default Mills gone.

Greg Mills gone back to Stourbridge. He never really set the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by G W Reilly View Post
    Greg Mills gone back to Stourbridge. He never really set the world on fire.
    Decent amount of goals but I was expecting more after all the hype
    Didn't have that extra yard to go past full backs regularly but good dead ball on him
    More disappointed to lose gregory I think

Default McDonald gone

Shaquille McDonald is the latest to move on. The natives are getting restless on Facebook.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Jesus, that is a bit concerning. Styche barely counts after 2 underwhelming games, but three strikers leaving & a fourth being publicly touted around? I know there's high turnover at our level, just hope nothing dramatic's gone on behind the scenes, whether financial or otherwise.

Could be a serious squad rebuild in the offing either way!

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Question

I don't think that players can actually sign for any club yet , only commit verbally . . . . . [Which can often change.]. I have complete confidence in the club having a quality squad of players ready for the start of the season. IF this means a lot of changes then so be it. i wonder if some of the fans moaning on "social media" about players moving on ,were the same ones that were proclaiming that some of last seasons players "had reached their peak" ? ! ?
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

Phoenix is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    Jesus, that is a bit concerning. Styche barely counts after 2 underwhelming games, but three strikers leaving & a fourth being publicly touted around? I know there's high turnover at our level, just hope nothing dramatic's gone on behind the scenes, whether financial or otherwise.

Could be a serious squad rebuild in the offing either way!
    Not really happens every season, players move on, it's part and parcel of non-league life. Things are very different from the hey days of the Rovers when players would remain season after season and you'd have a team who had a cumulative number of appearances for the club that reached the several thousand mark. Also on reading the statements put out by Rich and Shaq, both messages seemed to imply that it wasn't their decision. Similar to the above, I've got every faith in Bren when it comes to this.

Had to laugh though reading the nonsense over on the Facebook page. Same old, same old on that group "wheels have come off," "somethings clearly going on behind the scenes" etc. I swear they're never happy unless they're moaning on that page.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 28th June 2020 at 04:15 PM.

Tom B is offline user with most time on their hands

Gregory and Mills I can fully understand, as they had somewhere to go where they know either the club or manager well.

Shaq worries me a bit more as he's simply being let go - it's not that I'm *sure* a financial/other problem has arisen, but it makes me wonder. I don't see why we'd release a talented and popular striker otherwise, plus Mikey on twitter is gutted to see him go & seemed to hint at an issue (but says he's staying which is good if so)

Like I say, high non league turnover is one thing, three strikers gone in a matter of days does raise a question though. We'll see soon enough anyway.

marc s is offline user with most time on their hands

I suspect that we are in the middle of a perfect storm and Bren and Andy are using it as an opportunity to re-fashion the team for the next campaign. I know we were in the play-offs but Bren never did seem quite happy with how things were going and to be honest a few of our late season performances were unconvincing. That said - I am still sorry to lose the likes of Gregs because of his history and what he means to us. But there is evidence that Bren is using the down-time for future planning and there is a big clue in the signing of ex-Cheltenham coach Ross Thorpe. I think this looks more ambitious and calculated that you might first consider. Yes - we have lost some great players but I also think that Ross Thorpe's 'phone book might contain a few interesting names and Bren has never been slow in looking at how we can get to the next level.
    On your feet or on your knees...

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Thumbs up

The previous post by marc s is, to my mind, spot on. Players come and go , some have been long serving , others not so. That's football , especially so at our level. Can not wait for the season to get underway.
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.