Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 24/10/20. A watershed moment ???

and@etc is offline user with most time on their hands

Default Saturday 24/10/20. A watershed moment ???

Any thoughts on today ?? Where do we go from here ?
    " If I can not have the club,no one else will. " TWH. c2008.

My thoughts on the squad. No worries with the goalkeeper. Back four , I feel we have still not resolved the right back position , always going to miss TT at the heart of the defence and his organizing . Mid - field , last few seasons we have had two holding centre midfilders ,at the moment we pay with three who are all too similar . we used to play with two wide midfielders and two strikers. At times , we appear to have one main striker and two other's who appear to drift around. I know anyone can "manage" a team from behind this screen and we have a lot of injuries but we do have some class players in the squad and we had plenty of pre-season games to set ourselves up for the season .

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My thoughts on the squad. No worries with the goalkeeper. Back four , I feel we have still not resolved the right back position , always going to miss TT at the heart of the defence and his organizing . Mid - field , last few seasons we have had two holding centre midfilders ,at the moment we pay with three who are all too similar . we used to play with two wide midfielders and two strikers. At times , we appear to have one main striker and two other's who appear to drift around. I know anyone can "manage" a team from behind this screen and we have a lot of injuries but we do have some class players in the squad and we had plenty of pre-season games to set ourselves up for the season .
    We have a perfectly capable right back on the bench in Ezewele, however the manager continues to persist with this ridiculous Spink at RB experiment which has never worked. Yesterday we lost the game with the line-up, a good chance to go 442 and back to basics (what we do well) after a few shaky results and performances. But alas, poor Jason on his own up top and strangely no Mikey who looked p’d off and I’m not surprised.

Platt has kept us in too many games this season and I thought Dowd played well. Agree with your comments re midfielders being the same. Nice to see Josh back but would have been nice if some of his crosses could’ve beat the first man.

Very poor, my fourth game of the season and tbh we’ve been second best in all of them.

Agree with everything posted so far
    Spink at RB? Not for anyone except Bren I suspect
    442 is our system and when we play best.
    Duno whether jase has been carrying an injury but he hasn't looked sharp imo.
    Perhaps not up to speed yet.
    No way do you leave magic Mike out unless he's not 100 per cent fit (perhaps this was the case)?
    Midtable if we're lucky on the performances so far, Brens got us two promotions so deserves a few seasons of patience from the fans imo

Ps what's that shedenders forum all about?
    Disagree with anyone on there and they're offering you out!!
    One of our players dad is the worst offender
    Jesus wept

Again agree with previous comments.

Look weak at both full back positions at present.
    Liam is not a natural right back and gets caught out of position so many times.
    On saturday picking up a yellow card after 6 minutes was not a good start.
    Jack at left back looks out of sorts as well and is getting beat more than usual,
    he's only looking steady going forward not defending.
    Teams are no doubt talking to each other and pinpointing our flanks as
    a weakness as teams attack these areas at every chance.

As a team we always look as if we are getting overun in midfield, wheter we
    play with 2,3 or 4 acorss the middle.

The one area i didn't think we would struggle is up front. Apart from the first 15
    minutes of the Tamworth game the front players have looked a bit off the pace,
    still i'm sure it's only a matter of time before they click..

Anyway, keep the faith.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Ps what's that shedenders forum all about?
    Disagree with anyone on there and they're offering you out!!
    Best avoided unless we win 4 - 0 !!! A proportion of "fans" seem to think we should win every game. Tbf , this also applies to school kids games and right through to the Champions League.

Thumbs up

If I am right , the gaffer suggested during last season we need a plan B so maybe a 4 3 3 formation is what he decided. I know that teams set up to play each opponents as they see fit but with two wide mid fielders our full backs were given a bit more protection . Also as mentioned , there are no easy league games this season , hopefully a win and clean sheet - in the same game I hope will get us up and running.

Phoenix is offline user with most time on their hands

I haven't been to a game this season so it doesn't feel fully fair to comment, however the knives were out for Bren last night over on Shedenders. Looks like some of them have even lined up his replacement!

Very poor and worrying last night but don't agree with sacking a manager who has given so much.
    Deserves time to turn it round

Oakalls Rover is offline user with most time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by dario g View Post
    Very poor and worrying last night but don't agree with sacking a manager who has given so much.
    Deserves time to turn it round
    May as well write this season off then.. people always refer to the titles he’s won, not being funny but with the crowds, budget and squads we had promotion was essential and in my eyes he’s done what had to be done.

Game management is the big issue for me; leaves changes far too late or makes baffling decisions with his starting line-up. People are saying we lack characters; Hayward, Broadhurst, Cowley, Mikey, Tom Taylor, Platty and Quaynor to name a few.

Bren has gotten us this far but now we’re on a more level playing field with other clubs in our league, can’t see us progressing out of this division with him in charge unfortunately.