Change:  Move to:
Sat 12th Oct 2019 @ 15:00 - Top Field Attendance: 663
Hitchin Town
2 - 2
Bromsgrove Sporting
Referee: Mr. J. Crofts (Huntington) Southern League / Premier Division Central

Leon Brodhurst (O.G) (23)
Daniel Webb (90+4)
Richard Gregory (pen) (19)
Shaquille McDonald (80)
Starting Line-ups
Charles Horlock
Jack Green
Ben Walster
Jay Dowle
Daniel Webb
Joshua Bickerstaff
Maximillian Ryan
Jhai Dhillon
Stephen Cawley
Alex Marsh
Bradley Bell
Tony Breeden
Tom Rankin
Jack Wilson
Kyle Lincoln
Nathan Hayward
Charlie Dowd
Josh Quaynor
Leon Broadhurst
William Shorrock
Michael Taylor
Richard Gregory
James Verney
Leon Okuboyejo
Lewis Farrell
Alexander Anderson
Devonte Simms
Jonathan Brown
Tom Taylor
Kieren Westwood
Greg Mills
Shaquille McDonald
Leon Okuboyejo -> Maximillian Ryan (72)
James Verney -> Bradley Bell (77)
Tom Taylor -> Leon Broadhurst (32)
Greg Mills -> Charlie Dowd (46)
Shaquille McDonald -> Richard Gregory (67)
Yellow cards
James Verney (78)
Jack Green (89)
Jhai Dhillon (90+1)
Kyle Lincoln (30)
Michael Taylor (87)
Red cards
None None
Other statistics
12 Shots 17
7 Shots on goal 16
3 Offsides 3
5 Corner kicks 5
13 Free kicks 9
0 Penalties 0
Match Report | How They Saw It | Programme
Bromsgrove Sporting had two points snatched away from them at the death on Saturday afternoon, as an equaliser with the last chance of the game saw the Rouslers draw 2-2 with Hitchin Town.

A Richard Gregory penalty just shy of the 20 minute mark gave Sporting the lead, before an unfortunate Leon Broadhurst own goal soon after brought proceedings level.

The second half saw Bromsgrove dominate and an outstanding Shaquille McDonald free kick 10 minutes from time looked to have sealed the win, but a Daniel Webb header from no more than a couple of yards out in the 94th minute resulted in the home side claiming a share of the spoils.

Sporting started the game sharply, with Mikey.Taylor running through on goal and having a low effort saved by keeper Charlie Horlock, before a Nathan Hayward strike from range was met with the palm of the Hitchin stopper.

Hitchin's Ben Walster had a moment to forget in the 12th minute; the lively Alex Marsh was brought down in the area by Sporting stopper Tony Breeden, with Walster taking the spot kick - up he stepped, but the end product would have arguably scored three points at the Rugby World Cup, flying highly and handsomely over the bar.

Sporting would have their own chance from 12 yards moments later; after Joshua Bickerstaff handled the ball inside the box, Gregory followed a confident run up with a sweet strike, low into the goal, sending Horlock the wrong way.

The lead would only last four minutes however, courtesy of some calamitous defending from the visitors; Kyle Lincoln attempted to play the ball out from the back but found himself dispossessed by Stephen Cawley.

He put a ball across the box from close range, which Broadhurst unfortunately and unintentionally hit into his own net from a yard out, with little he could have done about it.

Mikey Taylor had a couple of chances late in the half to give Sporting the lead again; firstly, the imposing forward breezed into the box but saw his shot from a slight angle hit the post and go out for a goal kick, before an effort from close range was kept out via Horlock making himself big, allowing him to block the ball away.

The dangerous Marsh had the first opportunity of the second 45, that being a one on one with Breeden that the Sporting keeper stopped, after the Hitchin playmaker skipped through the defence with ease.

After this, it was Sporting who had the lion's share of the play. Substitute and debutant Greg Mills looked sharp, cutting inside from out wide but having a powerful effort blocked, before having a 25 yard drive smartly saved. This was followed by Gregory looping a nice shot narrowly over the bar from the perimeter of the 18 yard box.

Hitchin would have another chance in the 77th minute and, once again, it would come through Marsh, hitting a free kick that sailed narrowly over the bar.

McDonald's moment of sheer brilliance came three minutes; a free kick from the best part of 25 yards emphatically sailed into the top corner, with a beautiful amount of whip on. A simply sublime effort that was beyond deserving of being the match winner.

However, it wasn't to be, with Hitchin's equaliser coming four minutes into injury time. Sporting's inability to clear their lines allowed substitute Leon Okuboyejo to run at Tom Rankin, beat him and aim a ball into the area that centre back Webb nonchalantly headed into a virtually empty goal from extremely close range.

A game in which Sporting deserved three points if the second half was anything to go by, but found themselves only earning a point.